Priest and Seminarian Summer Program
UPDATE: We have reached our capacity for this event. If you would like to be placed on the waitlist, click on the button below.
PLEASE NOTE: this event is for priests and those in formation for the ordained priesthood (seminarians & transitional deacons) only.
Providing the opportunity for a deep, immersive experience, the summer program provides an integrative, month-long spiritual journey. Divided into 4 weeklong segments, you’ll encounter a variety of settings, yet find a program with an intentional rhythm to foster personal and spiritual growth in a restful environment.
Week One – “Restoring the Glory”
Anchored in St. John Paul II’s Theology of the Body, you’ll encounter the richness of God’s plan for every man and woman. Experience the tender Fatherhood of God, bringing you into greater Security, Maturity, and Purity. This powerful week will awaken you to your true identity as a beloved son of the Father, through teachings, prayer, journaling, adoration and the Sacraments.
Week Two – “Silent Retreat”
The depth of week 1 is followed by a guided silent retreat, leading you through the four identities of the Priesthood: Beloved Son, Brother, Father and Bridegroom. Includes adoration, daily Mass, the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and spiritual direction.
Week Three – “Healing the Whole Person”
Experience Jesus in His mission of healing! Physical, spiritual and emotional healing, central to the Church’s life and 2,000 year tradition, come to life today. The uniquely engaging format will help you see and experience God’s healing love in the areas of our brokenness through teaching, personal prayer, personal reflection, adoration and the Sacraments.
Week Four – “Equipping for Pastoral Ministry”
Learn to facilitate prayer in the confidence of I AM (Inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Abiding in God, and Moving in union with Him and the recipient). As a part of the training, you’ll see how healing prayer is an essential dimension of the Church’s life, through Scripture, Church teaching, and Sacred Tradition. In addition, you will discover and experience the unique ways you can personally help people encounter God and walk in greater freedom. The focus will be on a personal and ministerial application. Availability of the Sacraments and daily prayer.
Due to the limited size, we are only able to accept two seminarians from a diocese or religious order.
You must be able to attend all 4 weeks of the program — arriving on Sunday, June 5th and staying through the closing on Friday, July 1st.
Cost of registration includes food and lodging at the St. John Neumann Retreat Center.
Registration processing requires full payment with a credit (or debit) card.
- Transportation costs and arrangements are the responsibility of attendees.
- We suggest flying into the Tallahassee International airport, which is 20 minutes away from the retreat center. Ridesharing services (Uber & Lyft) and taxis are available from the airport.
- Please plan for arrival on Sunday June 5 any time after 12 NOON ET. Departure Friday, July 1 at 2:00 p.m. You may choose to arrive a day earlier and stay a day later if necessary – please contact Kim.
If you wish to concelebrate Mass:
Please email your Letter of Suitability to Msgr. Michael Reed: email@example.com
Most Rev. William Wack
C/O Msgr. Michael Reed
Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee
11 North B Street
Pensacola, Florida 32502
Please email a copy of your letter to JPII Healing Center as well: firstname.lastname@example.org
To read a letter from Bishop Wack click here.
A forward by Fr. Toups can be read here.
To read a letter from Fr. Becker click here.
- Full refunds up to 30 days prior to the event (less a processing fee of approximately 3%)
- No refunds are provided within 30 days of the event
- Cancellations less than 30 days are eligible for a credit which can be applied to a future JPII Healing Center event
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Registrations are not transferable between persons or events
- This event is for attendees 18 years old and older
- By attending this event, you consent to any photographs and/or video footage that may be taken for promotional purposes
- By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the terms of the informed consent policy which can be found here
Email Kim Glass at email@example.com