Priest and Seminarian Retreat
This event has sold out!
PLEASE NOTE: this event is for priests and those in formation for the ordained priesthood (seminarians, transitional deacons, & members of religious communities in formation to be ordained priests) only.
Originally offered as a part of seminarian formation, this conference has become a popular offering for priests and transitional deacons. Exploring the deep desires of the masculine heart, this teaching is truly transformational. You’ll come to understand how disordered desires are rooted in underlying holy desires, unmet needs, and tied to your false identities. You will learn how to heal the underlying wounds and engage productively in the battle of desires, in order to find the true fulfillment of your desires.
The morning sessions are led by Dr Bob Schuchts and Sr. Miriam James Heidland, who teach from a solid foundation of Scripture, the Catechism, therapy and personal witness on the topics of desire, healing, intimacy, and freedom.
- Desires of Our Heart
- Disordered Desires
- Formation of Desires
- Identity and Desires
- Battle of Desires
- Fulfillment of Desires
The afternoon sessions are led by Bart Schuchts, assisted by Kim Glass, utilizing personal story, movie clips, and group interaction to draw out deeper desire, purpose, passion, holy fire and fulfillment.
The retreat includes opportunities for prayer ministry, journaling, daily Mass, fraternal interaction and free time.
Cost of registration includes five-day conference, food and lodging.
Event Schedule (click to enlarge):
- Transportation costs and arrangements are the responsibility of attendees.
- We suggest flying into the Tallahassee International airport, which is 20 minutes away from the retreat center. Ridesharing services (Uber & Lyft) and taxis are available from the airport.
- Please plan for arrival on Sunday August 7 any time after 12 NOON ET. Departure Friday, August 12 at 2:00 p.m. You may choose to arrive a day earlier and stay a day later if necessary, but let us know! See contact email at bottom of page.
If you wish to concelebrate Mass:
Please email your Letter of Suitability to Msgr. Michael Reed: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Rev. William Wack
C/O Msgr. Michael Reed
Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee
11 North B Street
Pensacola, Florida 32502
Please email a copy of your letter to JPII Healing Center as well: email@example.com
To read a letter from Bishop Wack click here.
A forward by Fr. Toups can be read here.
To read a letter from Fr. Becker click here.
- Full refunds up to 30 days prior to the event (less a processing fee of approximately 3%)
- No refunds are provided within 30 days of the event
- Cancellations less than 30 days are eligible for a credit which can be applied to a future JPII Healing Center event
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Registrations are not transferable between persons or events
- This event is for attendees 18 years old and older
- By attending this event, you consent to any photographs and/or video footage that may be taken for promotional purposes
- By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the terms of the informed consent policy which can be found here
Email Kim Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org